To jump to any individual FAQ simply click on the question below.
The price we quote you will include delivery within 25 miles (we can quote on distances further than this).
Full installation is also included. We prefer to erect every building we make rather than leave this to third parties, as some comapnies do, in order that we can ensure the highest level of quality of product and service from beginning to end.
Yes. Every building we make, from the smallest animal shelter to the largest summerhouse, is handbuilt to order. Whilst most people choose a traditional size and layout for their garden building, we can design and build to your own unique needs or preferences.
Garden rooms and garden buildings are considered to be permitted development, not needing planning permission, if they meet the following requirements:
1. No garden building built on land forward of a wall forming the principal elevation of the main house.
2. Outbuildings should be single storey with a maximum eaves height of 2.5 metres and maximum overall height of four metres with a dual pitched roof.
3. A garden room must have a maximum height of 2.5 metres if it is built within two metres of the garden boundary.
4. No verandas, balconies or raised platforms - including decking of more than 300mm high.
5. No more than half the area of land around the "original house"* would be covered by additions or other buildings.
6. In National Parks, the Broads, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and World Heritage Sites the maximum area to be covered by buildings that are more than 20 metres from house must be limited to 10 square metres.
7. On designated land**garden buildings at the side of properties will require planning permission.
8. Within the curtilage of listed buildings any outbuilding will require planning permission. *The term "original house" means the house as it was first built or as it stood on 1 July 1948 (if it was built before that date). Although you may not have built an extension to the house, a previous owner may have done so.
**Designated land includes national parks and the Broads, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, conservation areas and World Heritage Sites.
For further information visit the Planning Portal website
We aim to deliver and install most garden buildings within a maximum of 3 weeks from the order being placed. Non-standard sizes and designs may take a little longer.
We will be happy to give you an estimate on delivery time based upon the details of your specific order.
Absolutely. We would be delighted to show you examples of our work, in fact we positively welcome it. Simply arrange a visit to our workshop where we have fully erected examples of our buildings for you to inspect. We can talk you through the quality of our materials and construction methods, but seeing this for yourself is a great idea.
Visiting our show site will also give you the opportunity to meet the people who would build your building and throw any questions at us. We are a hands-on business, so it is always worth giving us a call before visiting us, as Jonathan may be out on a visit, overseeing installations.
Yes. Whilst most people opt for the most popular, traditional placement and number of windows and doors, if your needs require something more bespoke we'll be happy to discuss the changes.
Of course, we have a duty to you to ensure that the structural integrity will not be compromised, and so will advise you if this could be a concern.
All of our buildings are treated using high-quality preservative, with the treatment being applied both inside and outside. We build to last.
If you have a question that is not answered above please don't hesitate to get in touch.